Monday, September 8, 2014

Ready to Go to Genuine You!

I have to admit: I am proud of myself!



Last July I was invited to teach an online course as part of the Genuine You Workshop hosted by wildcreativeheart.com. I have never taught an online class and at first I thought “ME? I've never done that!” but then I took a deep breath and said “YES!” I offered to teach a class on self-forgiveness and decided to trust that I could figure out how to put together an online class and the required video.

That video SCARED me. I have never made a video, not even one with an old-fashioned video camera. BUT I still decided to trust that I could do this even in the face of the video.    

Writing curricula is fun for me but I had a lot of work to do in a short time. At some point I remember thinking “Who am I kidding!? I can’t do this!” Then I’d get re-immersed in the process and all that anxiety would go away and I would just write…proving once again just how grand the creative process really is.

My friend proofed my packet for me. She loved it and assured me that it can be done fast and light or it can be done slow and deep. That’s cool; this is one heck of a class however you work through it.


Then I had to put together the VIDEO. Eeeeek! 

My class includes a guided visualization that is a technique all in itself. I decided to make FIVE videos in order to help the students work through each step of the guided visualization. Yes, I said FIVE. So, I figured out how to make a video and then I put together my own video from MY OWN PICTURES! How totally cool is that?! I even recorded the audios with a bunch of trial and error and error and error. I had FIVE videos ready to post. I was pretty giddy with excitement.

I managed to figure out how to post everything online and I’m ready to go! Whooohooo! I am proud of myself. That’s hard to say but I want to give myself credit for successfully doing something that I had never done before. Is it perfect? Undoubtedly not. But it’s a really good class.    

Remember how I almost dismissed the idea of teaching this class? Well, I had set the intention (translate that "brazenly announced it to the Universe in my journal one night") that I wanted a forum for teaching and this opportunity showed up on my doorstep. How could I say no? Ask and ye shall receive – and receive, I did.


What about you? Have you been searching for some way to forgive yourself? Maybe this class or this workshop is your answer from the Universe. If so, click on the link to the right to get to the discussion about all the classes being offered in this workshop. There are lots of cool classes for only a little money! 

Maybe my class on self-forgiveness isn't your cup of tea. Not a problem!  

Have you written out your intention or your hope or your dream somewhere? Are you asking yourself whenever you can how you can do something you want to do? Look around. Is there an opportunity waiting for you to seize it? If there is, I suggest just saying YES!  Then get ready for good things happen. Let me know how it goes!



Thank you for reading, 

26 Letter Girl


1 comment:

  1. FIVE videos! What an awesome accomplishment! Great post.

    ReplyDelete